Salesforce Integrated Reports
In this post, we will discuss how to import the Reports into Marketing Cloud.
When the Sales/Service Cloud Org is integrated with Marketing Cloud using the Marketing Cloud Connector, the standard or custom reports that are created (either by Reps or CRM Executives or Admins, etc.,) can be pulled and automated to run every day in SFMC.
Let's go through the step-by-step process of how to achieve this.
1. Go to Sales/Service Org and create a report by selecting an object (and its related objects, if needed). Include the fields, select a date range and define criteria to filter out the records.
Run the report and verify if the records are populated as expected.
Note - This step is needed, only if you are creating the Report on Sales/Service side.
2. In the Marketing Cloud account, go to the below path:
Email Studio -> Interactions tab -> Import
3. Click on Create, give it a Name, and add the Description (optional).
4. Under the File location dropdown, select the 'Salesforce Objects & Reports' option.
Note - If the option is not enabled, reach out to the Salesforce team.
5. Next, select the 'Report' option under the 'Salesforce Data Source Type.'
6. Click on the select button, after which all the reports from the Sales/Service side will be available. Use the search box to find the report faster.
Note - If you are not able to see the report, check the sharing setting and make sure they are not 'private' in the Sales/Service side.
7. After selecting the report, a pop-up would appear where the Data extension needs to be customized. This Data Extension gets generated after the report creation.
Make sure to select the 'Included' checkbox to insert all the fields from the report or select only the fields that are needed. Then click on the 'Save Config' button.
8. Next, Set the 'Import action settings; as needed (refer to Step 4).
Note - After the Report is selected, the 'Update Type' will automatically get changed to 'Overwrite' and other options will be disabled.
9. If you want to receive an email notification each time the Import run gets completed, enable the checkbox (as seen below) and add the email address.
10. After saving the Report, a Data Extension with the same name as the Report gets created under the Data Extension root folder.
11. To automate this report, go to Automation Studio and create automation with an 'Import activity.' Then select the report, save the automation and schedule it to run as needed.
Every time this runs, it will trigger the report on the Sales/Service side and populate the data into the SFMC Data Extension.
Note - The 'Import Activity' configured with the Salesforce integrated reports are read-only in the automation studio. In order to make changes, go to Interactions tab under Email Studio.
The reports that are created using the above method cannot be seen by all the users. Only the users who have the 'API user' checkbox enabled, will have access to this.
Hope you enjoyed it. Please feel free to drop a comment or ping me with any feedback or suggestions. See you in the next one!
#sfmc #sfmcstack #marketingcloud #salesforcemarketingcloud #salesforce